Sunday, 3 May 2015

Top 5 books so far

That Girl - Top 5 books so far

Since I enjoy reading so much I thought it would be cool to share with you my favorite books that were published this year. I compiled five that may or may not change your life. Be warned. *You may need boxes of tissues for some of these.

1. My Heart And Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga*

My Heart and Other Black Holes is about two suicidal teenagers who made a pact to be each others suicide partner after meeting each other online. It's a heartbreaking book about the realities of depression. Definitely a 5-star read.

I was really hesitant on reading this 'cus the last Colleen Hoover book I read, Maybe Someday, was so bad I had to calm myself down several times. I didn't finish it and immediately rated it one star on goodreads. I hated it that much. Never Never, on the other hand, was brilliant. It's about a couple who woke up with no recollection of who they are and what they are to each other. It's a good mystery book and can even by creepy at times. I loved it.
This book was described as The Fault in Our Stars meets Eleanor and Park but honestly, All the Bright Places is way better than both books. I full on bawled my eyes out. Like, literally sobbed while clutching my iPad to my chest. If that doesn't make you want to read this even more then maybe the fact that it will be made into a movie starring Elle Fanning will. I'm serious. This is so good.


4. The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins


The Girl On The Train is about a woman who thinks she can help in an investigation of a missing person-- the person she always sees when she's on the train.This is an amazing psychological thriller. This was actually compared to Gone Girl and Before I Go To Sleep (but I still think the latter is better. Totally recommend that too) It's the type of book that has characters with no redeeming qualities at all but then again, it's what makes it good, you know? 

5. When by Victoria Laurie

A paranormal mystery book about a girl who can see dates on people's forehead-- dates of their death. I'm usually picky with paranormal books since it's not really the type of genre I normally read. When actually exceeded my expectations because I love the mystery twist. I personally think this is something than can be made in a movie. Totally recommend.

So, there! I hope you find something you like. You can also add me up on goodreads to see what books I'm currently reading.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Noir Deux Maira Gall.